- A FAR form must be submitted 60 days prior to beginning work on the project.
- Prior to submitting the Facility Alteration Request online, approval of the request by supervisor ( Area
Superintendent for schools and Chief for Administrative/Support Departments) should be emailed to
- Requestor submits the Facility Alteration Request online and emails any required documentation to
- The FAR committee will review the request within 20 business days once the supervisor approval and
required documents are received.
- The FAR committee will contact the requestor with questions and/or decision.
If you have questions about the process, please email email@example.com
or call 512-464-5643.
When do I use a Facility Alteration Request Form?
Facility Alteration Request Forms are used to submit facility alterations above normal maintenance. If
normal maintenance is being requested, a work order should be submitted.
Any alteration to a building or grounds needs a FAR request including:
- painting (except for small touch-ups which are a normal work order)
- adding a wall or partition
- changing a storage area into an office or classroom
- new playground equipment, benches, trees, pathways, etc
- new shelving or cabinets which are attached to walls, etc
- new electrical equipment like microwaves, lights, kilns, TV, washers, refrigerators, etc
- adding new doors, windows, flooring or electrical outlets
- adding sheds or fences
- anything new which physically alters building or grounds
Donations not needing a FAR: books, some furniture, rugs, etc (ie does not physically alter the building)