Center for Safe Communities & Schools
City of Round Rock
Environmental Protection Agency
Friends of Texas Public Schools
IFMA – International Facility Management Association
School Planning & Management Magazine – RESEARCH AND REPORTS
SECO Home Page (State Energy Conservation Office)
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Texas Education Agency
Texas Legislature Online
Travis County Appraisal District
U.S. Green Building Council
Williamson County Appraisal District
WXnation Weather Radar, Live Cams – Austin, Texas
The mission of the Operations & Facilities Services Division is to safely provide quality and reliable service for students, staff and community through a well-trained and equipped staff that satisfies customers.
Facilities Services will provide superb learning facilities and services that meet or exceed local, state, national, and international standards in all areas.
- Student, staff, and community perceptions of Operations & Facilities Services contribution to Student Achievement.” Student, staff, and community perceptions of Operations & Facilities Services contribution to Student Achievement.
- Number of classroom interruptions to the learning environment due to activities within our area of responsibility.
- Number of days in which schools were open in each school year as compared to total scheduled school days.
Safe, Orderly, and Nurturing Schools
All classrooms, schools, and all district facilities and sites will be safe, secure, and nurturing places for students, staff and parents.
- Student, staff, and community perceptions of the Safety of District Facilities and Services
- Number of student injuries caused by Operations and Facility Services – related items.
- Number of staff injuries caused by Operations & Facility Services-related items.
Effective and Efficient Operations
All departments will use the Baldrige criteria to achieve performance excellence and improve customer satisfaction.
- Student, staff, and community perceptions regarding Operations & Facilities communication with the customer!
- Benchmarks with comparable school districts regarding Transportation measures.
- Benchmarks with comparable school districts regarding Maintenance measures.
- Benchmarks with comparable school districts regarding Construction measures.
- Benchmarks with school district/institutional averages with respect to Energy consumption per sq. ft.
Strategies for Achieving Goals
Partnerships: Build collaborative partnerships to involve community to maximize department achievement.
Resources: Provide leadership and support to build capacity for efficient operations and effective use of resources.
Cultural Diversity: Foster positive relationships among all students, staff, parents and community members by embracing cultural diversity.
Technology: Optimize providing services and working through the ongoing infusion and integration of technology.
Communication: Communicate with parents, staff, coworkers, and the community to maximize positive, productive, and collaborative relationships.
Quality Management: Implement a Baldrige-based integrated management system within every department.
Providing Quality Service Whatever IT Takes!